Gorilla was inspired by the Beat Generation; the spoken word of literary figures such as William Burroughs and Neal Cassady, and bards like Gil Scott-Heron and Leonard Cohen to create a new fragrance – The Voice of Reason.
Notes of Sandalwood and Tonka bean are featured, emulating scents such as the strong aroma of Gitane cigarettes and espresso from the basement clubs and claustrophobic coffee shops where these poetic figures of the Beat Generation once gathered.
To revel in our inspiration from these literary greats we’re offering a unique opportunity for the wordsmiths amongst us to wax lyrical across the twittersphere in a mere 140 characters for a chance to win:
– An all expenses paid evening for two at the stunning Lounge Bohemia, in London – including a bespoke cocktail made especially for you by Paul Tvaroh, one of the worlds top molecular bartenders.
– An exclusive viewing of the Gorilla Perfume’s 2012 gallery space.
– Of course, your very own Voice of Reason fragrance.
Travel from within the UK is included, along with overnight accommodation.
All you need to do is tweet your very tiny poem with the #vor hashtag (so we know it’s a poetic entry) for your chance to win.
Entries will be judged by the critically acclaimed Ryan Van Winkle and the rest our panel of wordsmiths and songwriters from the Golden Hour Infused and Bemused tour.
The closing date for entries is the 27th of November. Check out the terms and conditions below.
1. This prize draw is open to all UK Residents.
2. To enter the competition entrants must have access to Twitter and tweet their poem in the character limit available in Twitter with the #vor hashtag.
3. The competition closes at midnight 27th November 2012.
4. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. No cash alternative will be offered. Lush Limited will not enter into any correspondence.
6. The winner will be notified by Direct message in Twitter and the entrants poem will be posted on the Gorilla Facebook page and twitter channels.
7. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
8. Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules.
9. Late, illegible, incomplete or corrupt submissions will not be entered into the prize draw. No responsibility can be accepted for lost submissions and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
10. There is no limit to the amount of times a user may enter.
11. No purchase necessary.
12. The promoter of this prize draw is Lush Limited 29 High Street Poole, Dorset BH15 1AB
13. There will be one winner who will receive an all expenses paid night out at Lounge Bohemia, Shoreditch, and an exclusive viewing of the Perfume Gallery, along with the voice of reason perfume. Expenses will include travel and accommodation, as well as drinks in Lounge Bohemia, for the winner and a guest of their choice.
14. There will be 5 runners up who will each receive the Voice of Reason perfume.